Because we’ve heard too many client web-horror stories!
WordPress is a powerful Website Creation Tool and Content Management System (CMS), but it’s just one tool in the vast EMG toolbox. You can do some pretty amazing things with WordPress for all kinds of marketing and, for clients that are not necessarily web-savvy, WP is easy to comprehend and maintain.
WP is an Open Source software which allows it to be used free of cost. You can use it on any kind of personal or commercial website without have to pay for it, and WP is built on PHP/MySQL – also open source. There are tens of thousands of plugins created for WP that extend functionality and allow for faster customization by experienced developers. These elements keep design/development costs down for our clients – while enabling high-quality design and functionality that previously costs hundreds of thousands.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: WordPress does not require you to be an expert with computer knowledge. Upgrades can be executed efficiently, and security measures can be employed to keep the site running smoothly.
1. WordPress is SEO Friendlier out-of-the-box: Search Engines have to be kept in mind when building a website. WP uses different functions which allow it to be search engine friendly, and premium plugins accentuate this feature. For example sending pings to other sites, making categories, tagging your posts, use of h1/h2 tags, permalinks, optimized images, pinging option, etc.
2. Theme Support: A site built on a WP platform can be changed to deliver an entirely new look and feel without re-inventing the wheel. EMG excels at customizing WP themes to combine features and functionality and create unique websites for our clients that maintain the ability to be easily revised, supported and updated.
3. WordPress codes Are Clean: WP is one software that follows all the Web Standards and keeps your website compliant to all the rules that have to be followed when running a website.
4. Plugins Extend Functionality: There is a plugin for just about any task or feature needed on a website. EMG has the ability to customize plugin behavior to create unique functionality and further extend the possibilities.
5. Strong Support: As per recent statistics, WordPress is used on more than 15% of the websites on the Internet in the world. There is a large user community backing the development and support of this software. So, whenever you face any problems, you can go through all the available WordPress forums and communities and find answers for all your questions – or turn to EMG for help. Because you are using such a well-documented and supported platform, help is widely available and you’ll never be left in the lurch because your web-tech moves on. Not only that – but WP is updated, upgraded and tweaked by top developers all the time – so your WP website will always be “cutting edge”.
6. Praised by Google: Matt Cutts, head of Web Spam at Google, speaks often on “Why WordPress is the best blogging platform in terms of Search Engine Optimization.” Nuff said.
When you add up these features, one thing that stands out is the realization that a WordPress site can grow with you over the years. You can upgrade it for new features and security. You can add a new theme without rebuilding your whole site. You can add new plugins for enhanced functionality (add e-commerce if your business grows, focus more on search results, add a store finder, etc.)
Even though WP is one of the easiest platforms on which to build and maintain a website – many EMG clients simply do not have the time to shift focus from business pursuits to engage in the upkeep of their website. Because we build the majority of client sites on WP, not only can we quickly and easily maintain sites for clients – but so can other web-savvy individuals. In other words, it is entirely possible to hire a person to step in and take over instantly. Our clients can even control how much access is granted to ensure they are never the victim of yet another website-horror story.
Of course, we build HTML sites and PHP platforms for clients as well. But the majority of our clients need us to build and launch a site so they can take care of themselves. In those cases, WordPress is the way to go – hands down.